The Academic Council of the Baltic Fishing Fleet State Academy was adopted on December 13, 2012 by the order № 711-о.
The Chairman of the Academic Council is the Rector of the FSBEI HPO "Kaliningrad State Technical University", PhD, Associate Professor Vladimir Volkogon.
The Deputy Chairman of the Academic Council is the Head of the Baltic Fishing Fleet State Academy Sergey Karpovich.
The Secretary of the Academic Council is Nadezhda Sviridyuk.
The following falls within the competence of the Scientific Council of the Academy:
- — Definition of main development directions of educational, scientific, methodological, economic, financial, international and other activities of the Academy;
- — Consideration and adoption of the Regulation on the Academy, its changes and addition;
- — Scheduling and setting the teaching staff conference agenda;
- — Election of the directors of the institutes (if provided by the conditions of the institutes), deans and heads of departments;
- — Conducting competitive selection of candidates for the positions of the teaching staff with the exception of cases where the competitive selection of candidates for the positions of teaching staff of the Academy is held at the Council of the Institute or a faculty;
- — Consideration of affairs for representation of teachers to the conferment of the title of professor or associate professor in the department, and researchers to the conferment of the title of professor or associate professor in their specialization;
- — Election of a deputy (deputies) of the Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Academy and the Academic Secretary;
- — Decision-making on all issues of the educational process , including increasing/reducing the period of study , review of curricula and training programs at various levels , in accordance with the requirements of the federal state educational standards;
- — Consideration of the annual admission rules;
- — Determination of the school year beginning in the Academy;
- — Consideration of the structure of the Academy, and establishment and disestablishment of structural units, acceptance of statutes for the structural units of the Academy;
- — Acceptance of wage regulations for the Academy employees;
- — Consideration of training on new and advanced programmes for primary, secondary and higher education claimed to licensing;
- — Decision-making on the procedure and assertion of self-monitoring and reports approval in accordance with the rules of the self-monitoring approved by the federal executive authorities;
- — Approval of the order of formation of thematic research plans and debriefing;
- — Consideration of affairs for presenting the Academy’s staff for government and industry award recommendation;
- — Decision-making on admission to the doctoral program, enrollment of applicants for a degree, assignment for scientific training, reassignment to research positions for preparation and submission of theses and sabbaticals;
- — Approval of the procedure of early termination of the employment contract with the teacher due to his insufficient qualifications;
- — Consideration of study allowance and other support of students (cadets) enrolled in full-time course of study at the expense of the federal budget;
- — Consideration of establishment of business entities, activity of which consists in practical application (implementation) of intellectual activity results, exclusive rights of which are owned by the University;
- — Consideration of other matters referred by the legislation of the Russian Federation and by the present Regulation of the Academic Council.
A decision of the Academic Council will enter into force after its approval by the Rector of the Kaliningrad State Technical University.
Members election order of the Academic Council
The Academic Council of the Academy is elected from among the leading teachers, researchers and students of the Academy for a period of 5 years. The number of members of the Academic Council is set up to 38 people.
The permanent members of the Academic Council (without the election) are the rector of the University, who is its chairman, and the head of the Academy and his deputies.
Other members of the Academic Council of the Academy are elected by secret ballot by the teaching staff, other staff members and students in accordance with the rules of representation of the structural units established by the current Academic Council.
In case of dismissal (expulsion) of a member from the Academic Council of the Academy they are automatically removed from its membership. This person’s colleagues-members of the Academic Council are automatically eliminated from the membership in the case of a transfer to another post which doesn’t provide membership in the Academic Council’s position.
Authority of a member of the Academic Council may be terminated at his written request.
The Academic Council of the Academy during the period between meetings of the Conference has the right to co-opt its membership in the existing vacancies for new members, with the number of the latter not exceeding 10 % of the total number of members of the Academic Council.
At the next conference, if necessary, by-elections are held to the Academic Council of the Academy.